MyEIU is a portal that allows you to customise your web access at Eastern Illinois University. On your personal profile page, you can check your application status, financial aid status, register for your Orientation, Advisement & Registration programme, and register for housing.
How to Access MyEIU
- Select MyEIU from the EIU home page.
- Alternatively, go to eiu.edu/myeiu.
- Enter your email address or Net ID on the Login page.
- Please enter your password.
- To login your dashboard,
Is this your first time logging into myEIU?
- Click here to sign up as a new user.
- Choose the correct student classification link.
- Register with your personal mail id address and password.
- In your admission checklist, you will find your Net ID and password.
E-mail address/Net ID/Password
- Your E-Number is a nine-character ID that appears on your acceptance letter.
- When you are admitted to Eastern Illinois University, you are given an E-number, which is used to store all of your records. You must provide your E-number whenever you call a University office for assistance that requires access to your student records.
- Your Net ID and Password will be used to log in to any site that is required for academic purposes, such as PAWS (the online student information system), EIU email (PantherMail), scholarship applications (Academic Works), EIU D2L for online classes, and so on.
- As you become an EIU student, you will use your NetID more frequently and your MyEIU account less frequently.
How to Find Your EIU Net ID and Password
- Navigate to your MyEIU account.
- Log in with your personal mail id address and password.
- At eiu.edu/myeiu/checklist, your Net ID and password will be displayed under your Admissions Checklist.
- Keep a record of your Net ID and initial password.
Password Change Procedure
- EIU strongly advises you to change your password through P-Synch, Eastern’s password management system, once you have successfully retrieved your Net ID and password.
- P-Synch can be accessed at password.eiu.edu.
- Enter your Net ID and the first password you created.
- Enter a new password by following the prompt.
- If you have any further questions, please call the Help Desk at 217-581-HELP.
How to Access EIU Panthermail
PantherMail, Eastern Illinois University’s email system, is the official channel for all academic and university notices.
You should check your EIU PantherMail account on a regular basis because it is powered by Microsoft Office 365. Class schedules, student financial aid notifications, and Business Office account statements are examples of official communication.
Missed messages can occur if you do not monitor your PantherMail inbox. It is your responsibility to ensure that your PantherMail account is checked on a regular basis and has enough free space to receive university communication.
The most convenient way to access your PantherMail is through the secure Web interface at eiu.edu/panthermail. All you need is a computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser; no special software is required. To begin, enter your NetID and password in the appropriate fields.
You can also access your account from the EIU home page by clicking the EIU PantherMail link in the upper right corner.
To access EIU PantherMail, click here.
- Visit www.eiu.edu.
- Select the “Panthermail” tab in the upper right-hand corner.
- As login credentials, enter your NetID and Password.
- Your panthermail includes all of Microsoft Office360’s features.
- Any work you do can be saved to your account and accessed from anywhere.
- Select “outlook” to access your Panthermail. If you use a public computer to access your panthermail, DO NOT simply close the browser.
- Go to the top-left corner circle with your initials and select “sign out” from the dropdown menu.
- When you click “sign out,” the page will reload with the message “please wait a moment while we sign you out.”
- You must wait until it reloads and indicates that the sign-out was successful, or else you will remain logged in on that computer and the next user will be able to access your Panthermail if they attempt to log into their Panthermail.
How to Use EIU PAWS
EIU PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) is an online system that provides students, faculty, staff, and annuitants with Internet access to a variety of resources.
EIU PAWS allows students to securely:
- Sign up for classes
- Examine student payroll records.
- Pay your university bills.
- Examine the course catalogue and the class schedule.
- Obtain financial assistance
- Look at the records and transcripts.
- Obtain a parking permit.
Log in here:
- On the EIU homepage, click the “PAWS” link in the upper right corner.
- Enter your Eastern Illinois University e-mail address and password.
- When you’re finished, click Login.
- Your Net ID is all lowercase because the Net ID and password are case sensitive.
- When you’re finished, exit and close your browser to protect your privacy.